While stepping into music production or recording audio world, one thing you usually wonder and find it interesting is which music software is best for you. This part will help you clear your wonders.
Which DAW Software is BEST for Music Studio?
I’m usually asked by beginners: Which music making software is the best? Which one produce best audio? My answer is simple, there’s no best DAW software, there’s just best suit your needs! Why? Read on…!
You may have heard somewhere that Pro Tool produce better audio, professional in recording music. Be calm, I’ll explain why!
- First, the first principle of DAW softwares are interfere to the quality of audio as least as possible. Because the audio interference like make it deep or solid will reduce the creativity of the software users. For example, you want your audio to be cold or loose but the software just make it deep and solid. That’s why it is nonsense!
- Second, each softwares has its own processing audio system, this core function is called audio engine. Till now, almost common DAW software can run audio with 32 bit float mode and very high sampling rate, typically the Reaper has audio engine can process audio with 64 bit float.
- Third, the important point of audio engines is reducing the miscalculation resulted from processing as well as adding digital signals and guarantee the best efficiency of the software so that it requires less system resource of your computer.
We usually hear rumors about this software produces better sound than that software. In fact, while receiving and delivering sound, music, all modern DAW softwares deliver the sound which we hear the same. There’s no proofs for those rumors. They’re proofless and subjective so I don’t believe them, hope you don’t either.
So, What is the BEST DAW Software?
All modern DAW softwares will help you these works:
- audio editing
- beat maker
- sound design
One main difference between DAW software is the users who the producers aim for. If the aim is composer, that software will optimize display, functions, work flow, and supplement tool especially for composers.
- FL Studio is a common DAW software in beat maker world (people who mixing and making beat). This software has many tools supports composing, midi processing. And, these are the most essential things to beat maker.
- Cubase is also a famous DAW software and has similar functions, but when you edit audio with Cubase, you’ll realize its tools are strong, you need less operation to do one editing than other software. Therefore, audio engineer or mixing engineer usually choose Cubase.
Do you know what we should consider when choosing DAW software through those examples above??? It’s not audio quality because they’re the same. It’s the software which suit our demands to work its best speed and efficiency. That’s the best, the most accurate choice.
In short, you need to remember these:
- Audio delivered and received from different DAW softwares are the same.
- Each DAW software has its specific user and serves best for that specific groups. Try to finding out that is it you who is the DAW software’s aim and user!
If you just begin to dig into studio, ask the senior about their choices for more selections, you should the software which is commonly used in order to easily seek support from others or books if in need.
So, can you start with premium DAW software which is used by just a few people? If you’re sharp and hardworking, there’s no problems.